Pro Motion NG
A downloadable Pro Motion NG for Windows, macOS, and Linux
pro motion is a drawing software to quickly create pixel precise images, animations, sprites, tiles and tile maps as used in games.
It is ideal for artists working on detailed graphics as used for mobile systems like smart phones or handheld video game devices like Nintendo DS.
It also suites well to create light weight graphics for the web or web based applications and games.
Excerpt of Features
- Simple color index and alpha transparency
- Layer system including effects settings, transparency, locking
- Pixel size definition to have sizes like 2x1
- Support for pattern drawing to create endless textures
- Sprite Sheet support (reading/writing), PNG/BMP
- Tile map editor with auto optimization, mirroring, flexible export, in place tile modification
- Pen pressure support for brush sizes, colors, dithering and gradients
- Pixel perfect drawing to remove smeared pixels in real time
- Animated brushes (brush is animation itself)
- Automatic realtime dithering patterns
- Over 25 different paint modes such as translucent, brighten, darken, shade, soften, color cycle, halftone, tint...
- AnimPainting to automatically flip through frames while drawing
- Draw symmetrical images with a special symmetry drawing tool
- Brush container to save and organize brushes, objects and animations for reuse
- Single color, text or custom brushes selected from an image part
- Key frame definition
- Several playback modes (ping-pong, loop, play...)
- Speed modification during playback
- Light table/onion skinning to ease animating
- Insert/delete/append/copy/revert ranges of frames
- Append animations
- Define colors in RGB/HSB/HSL color schemes
- Create smooth color ramps
- Use gradients to fill objects with different color shades (linear, contour, radial...)
- Sort palette by hue, saturation, brightness or color
- Ordered and random dithering
- Modify contrast, saturation and brightness of a range of palette colors